Hello, Hello! Is anyone out there?
I wanted to say Hi if anyone is still even out there with me on their blogroll.
Life is super busy in our household these days.
L is 2 & 1/2 now (well almost). He's the most awesome little person ever. His personality just kills me.
We welcomed twins 12/2/2013. They were born at 26 weeks 4 days. We arent sure what caused me to go into labor so early, but it happened so fast that I gave birth to twins vag.inally with NO PAIN MEDS. I mean I know they were early but holy hell batman did it hurt. Baby A was head down and was born at 4:48 am, Baby B was breech and when I started to deliver him my OB began to pray for God to allow her to deliver this baby safely, but C and I were both so involved in what was happening and fear for our boys being born early that her prayers did not really register for me until I found out the reason. We still have no real answer for why I went into labor so early, but we think it had something to do with Baby B being in distress. After Baby B was born at 5: (heck I think it was) 08, and the neos did everything they needed to do, my OB was doing her thing to me down there (which hurt worse than labor) she told me that B had a true knot in his umbilical cord.
Or little guys (2 more boys for us): Spencer Kenneth (BabyA) weighed in at 2 lbs 5 oz and was 14.25 in long. Tucker Randall (BabyB) weighed in at 2 lb oz and was 14.75 in long.
We have a long eventful NICU stay.
Spencer was pretty much on easy street he had no issues was on cpap from day 1, so he basically was just a feeder grower. He came home on 2/5.
Tucker my poor sweet little guy had brain bleeds Grade2 and Grade3, but they resolved themselves pretty quickly. His PDA didnt close on its own but because of his brain bleed he was unable to be given the medication to try to close it that way, so at 5 weeks of age he had a PDA ligation where a clip was placed around the PDA that didnt close liek it should have. We were blessed that the doctor who performed his surgery is one of the only doctors that performs the surgery laproscoiacally and he didnt have to have his chest cracked open - he has 4 tiny little scars that as he grows should be practically unnoticable. He came home on 2/28 about a week shy of their due date which was 3/6.
We are so blessed to have the team of doctors that we did. They were amazing. And I truly cannot say enough about the NICU nurses who cared for us during our stay. They were all just amazing and caring. And really words just fail me. I believe that some days, if it hadn't been for them I would have been a basket case - OK a worse basket case than I was.
The boys are now 7 months old (4 mo corrected), we went in for their 6 mo check 7/3 (a month late) and S weighs 14 lb 1 oz and is 26.1 in long, T weighs 14 lb 4 oz and is 25.25 in long. Our pedicatiraion is just amazed by how well they are doing considering everything. We are still cautious about T due to his brain bleed, but he seems to be doing great so far.
So if anyone is still out there I hope you are doing well and know that I think of you gusy often.
No comments:
Post a Comment